A senior member of the Family Law bar and a senior partner in our Family Law Group, Lorne’s practice includes all aspects of family law, including divorce, custody and access, property, support, and domestic contracts. He conducts litigation before every level of court in Ontario, as well as providing mediation and arbitration services. He also acts as counsel to lawyers and accountants addressing family law concerns that arise in business, wills and estates, and personal financial planning. He has been a partner with Torkin Manes since 1979.
Lorne has been accredited as a family mediator by the Ontario Association for Family Mediation. He is also a Dispute Resolution Officer of the Ontario Superior Court of Justice and sits on the Family Law Rules Committee.
Lorne is recognized for his mediation and arbitration expertise and has completed the following related specialty training:
- Harvard Negotiation Institution Mediation Workshop
- Law Society of Upper Canada Mediation Course
- Mediation and Domestic Violence Training
Lorne currently holds several teaching positions, including:
- Instructor, Family Law Section, Can Bar Prep
- Instructor, Family Law 101 Course
- Instructor, Family Law Arbitration Course
- Instructor, Basic Family Mediation Course
- Continuing Legal Education programmes with the Law Society of Upper Canada and the Canadian Bar Association