Jun 4, 2018

Matt Maurer quoted in Food in Canada on how to reformulate products to include cannabis

Right now every industry in Canada is asking itself the same question — how can we re-formulate our products to somehow include cannabis?

“The first thing you will need to consider is, you will need the appropriate license,” says Matt Maurer. Maurer adds that licenses for food and beverage manufacturers to include cannabis in their products does not yet exist, as it is still illegal. As we know, that will soon change. “The government has indicated there is going to be a production license.”

Regulatory issues aside, there are other ways interested food and beverage manufacturers can get into the swing of things sooner than later. “The other way to go about it is to team up with someone that already has [a] license,” says Maurer.

To read the full article, click here.

Related People

Matt Maurer

Related Services

Cannabis Law