Sonu is a partner in our Litigation Group, practising in all areas of civil litigation, with a particular focus on business law. She has a range of experience in litigation involving critical business issues arising from corporate transactions, contractual and business relationship disputes, and commercial leasing issues.
To date, Sonu has appeared before masters and judges of the Superior Court of Justice and has assisted on numerous cases that have gone before the Court of Appeal and administrative tribunals. She has also been involved in numerous private mediations and arbitrations.
Languages: English, Punjabi
In law school, Sonu received the first place oralist award in the Martin Domke Award competition at the Willem C. Vis International Commercial Arbitration Moot in Vienna, Austria.
Passport to the New Rules - Hit the Ground Running
Co-author, Ontario Bar Association, Alternative Dispute Resolution Newsletter, Vol. 18, No. 2
Director's Seat: What Director's Liability Means for Your Business
Canadian Jeweller, June/July 2009
Director's Seat: A Look at Why a Director's Liability is Always Personal
Integrated Health Retailer
Federal Government provides "eco" benefits to producers
Co-author, Biofuels Magazine, Bioenergy Canada, December/January 2008
- The Advocates' Society
- Canadian Bar Association
- The Indo-Canada Chamber of Commerce (ICCC)
- The Indus Entrepreneur
- Magna Carta Canada Committee
- Ontario Bar Association
- Ontario Bar Association Professional Development Committee, Co-Secretary
- The Roger Fisher Negotiation Training Scholarship, Chair
- Director Legal Advisor for the North Toronto Aquatic Club
- Past Executive, Toronto Sikh Professionals
- Past Director of Public Relations, Sikh Centennial Foundation, Gala Committee
- Past volunteer, Women’s College Hospital Foundation