As a law firm that calls Toronto home, Torkin Manes has always been committed not only to excellence in legal service, but also to community well-being. Our firm participates in charitable events such as the Run for the Cure and the Ride for Heart, where we have won our industry award as the top fundraiser. In addition, our associates have organized an annual contribution of funds and volunteer time to a Toronto charity that feeds the homeless.
In particular, Torkin Manes is a co-founder of the remarkable Family Legal Health Program run by Pro Bono Law Ontario at SickKids Hospital. The program not only helps families with legal needs related to their children’s health, but also educates health care professionals about the legal situations in which they find themselves when providing care. Two of our lawyers were recognized with a Lexpert Zenith Pro Bono Award for their work in this area.
As a firm, Torkin Manes is pleased to play an active role in such community events as:
- Baycrest Pro-Am Hockey Tournament (Alzheimers Research)
- JDRF Ride for Diabetes Research
- Kids Cook To Care
- Law Firm Bowling Challenge (Law Society of Upper Canada in support of its Feed the Hungry program)
- Magna Carta Exhibition in Canada - 2015
- Manulife Ride for Heart (Heart & Stroke Foundation)
- Matthews Dinsdale Cup Ball Hockey Tournament (Hospital for Sick Children)
- Run for the Cure (CIBC Run in support of breast cancer research)
- Spinal Cord Injury Ontario Wheelchair Relay
- Sporting Life 10K Run (Camp Oochigeas for children with cancer)
- The Roger Fisher Negotiation Training Scholarship
- United Way Campaign
- Winter Hope Clothing Drive (Student Drive for the Homeless)